Blustag Conch (Jorel)

For all photos of Tamaskan dogs

Re: Blustag Conch (Jorel)

Postby JacketV » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:09 pm

The 'Seashell' litter turned 6 months old this week, so here is an update on how Jorel is doing.

He's as lovely as ever and an unmissable part of the family, growing really well and looking good in himself. Now weighing in at 18.5kgs, with a lovely shiny coat (which is starting to shed :D, when will it end!).

He's doing really well in his training and has moved up another level already. Behaves impeccably in class and is picking up new skills very quickly. It's been a lot of fun and definitely something we will continue.

Recall was excellent out on walks until about a week ago, when he decided that other dogs were far more interesting than going home (fair enough!), but returns with his tail wagging and ears all floppy when he thinks he's pushed it too far, so we really can't complain ;) He's not hightailing it into the distance or running off when the lead appears, so we are putting down to a phase and are going back to basics for awhile with rewards and treats. He's feeling confident with other dogs and wants to play with everyone, which is a good thing.

Car sickness is still an issue but it's SO much better than a few months ago. There is still drool, but far less, and happily jumps in the car himself.

He was also recognised as a 'Blustag' pup the other day when we were out for a walk!!! A woman who had two German Shepherd/Husky crosses, came over and asked straight out if he was from Blustag as they (and I quote) 'breed such beautiful dogs' and he had 'that look' in his face :D

Today we took advantage of the sunny weather and went to the beach - photos below.

Hope all is well with his siblings - would love to see photos of them too!

6mnthsold.jpg

beachbardog2.jpg

Marsden profile.jpg

Marsden santa.jpg

me and my shadow.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JacketV
Puppy
Puppy

Postby Blustag » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:12 am

Gorgeous boy and thanks for sharing the lovely photos. Glad all is going well with him and WOW someone mentioned BLustag...that must be a first. We must be on the right track then :lol:
Blustag

Postby Elwisia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:17 pm

He is so leggy, he must be so tall! He is looking more and more like their mum and I think her sisters are looking more and more like their dad, especially Luna. I'll update with Luna and Lyanna's latest pics I took last weekend :)

Hope to see you at Tamfest!!
Elwisia
Puppy
Puppy

Postby JacketV » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:50 pm

Elwisia wrote:He is so leggy, he must be so tall! He is looking more and more like their mum and I think her sisters are looking more and more like their dad, especially Luna. I'll update with Luna and Lyanna's latest pics I took last weekend :)

Hope to see you at Tamfest!!

We will be there! Looking forward to the family reunion :)

Here is a comparison pic....one taken at 9 weeks and the other at 6 months. Love the change in the tail :D

9wks6mnth.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JacketV
Puppy
Puppy

Postby Blustag » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:40 am

Wow tail growing like a weed :lol:
Blustag

Postby Elwisia » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:25 pm

I found the 4th sister! I think they will be at Tamfest too!
Elwisia
Puppy
Puppy

Postby JacketV » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:19 am

Elwisia wrote:I found the 4th sister! I think they will be at Tamfest too!

That's great! Any news on the other two brothers?
JacketV
Puppy
Puppy

Postby Elwisia » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:07 pm

JacketV wrote:
Elwisia wrote:I found the 4th sister! I think they will be at Tamfest too!

That's great! Any news on the other two brothers?

I know one of them is Northern Ireland and Beth of Yonomori Tamaskans know of him. Let's hope she gets a photo of him one day :). Not sure about the 3rd brother! If you are an Facebook, would be good to see you post Jorel's photos on there too.
Elwisia
Puppy
Puppy

Postby JacketV » Sun May 06, 2018 5:42 pm

Jorel just passed Level 2 of the APDT training in record time and is moving up to the final level next week, which will be mainly concentrating on off-lead work and retrieve and release. He is loving the stimulation and the group we train with are brilliant.

We are keeping the certificate safe, but he was allowed to hold the rosette for a little bit :D

Jorel Level 2.jpg

He's currently in the back garden, digging a variety of holes (obviously not covered in the training ;) ), stripping trees of low hanging branches and generally enjoying the outdoors.
JacketV
Puppy
Puppy

Postby Elwisia » Sun May 06, 2018 8:27 pm

Gorgeous! He has grown into his ears!!!
Elwisia
Puppy
Puppy

PreviousNext

Return to Tamaskan Photos