Hello ! Newbie from Oxfordshire

New forum members can make their introductions here

Hello ! Newbie from Oxfordshire

Postby Emmaroo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:58 pm

Hey all

So I recently discovered the Tamaskan breed ! I’ve had a lot of information from the lovely Lynn and the more I learn about them the more I am convinced they are the ideal dog for my family. I am a little bit in love with the breed already !

So questions. How is life with a Tamaskan ? Have you faced any major challenges, if so how did you overcome them ? How has training gone ? Anyone introduced them to a feline family member if so how has it been ?

Thanks so much :D
Emmaroo
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Re: Hello ! Newbie from Oxfordshire

Postby Blustag » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:11 am

Welcome to our forum and hope you enjoying reading through :D
Blustag

Postby Razor » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:12 am

Welcome to the Forum.

Shame you just missed the show, that's the best place to see them !
Keep an eye on the upcoming events or follow these guys on Facebook, try and meet up if you can :)
Razor
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Emmaroo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Thanks ! I have been reading up the last few days ! The events look fab I will certainly look out for more :)
Emmaroo
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Postby Jshepherd » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Welcome.

Our life consists now of myself, my husband, our 5 year old and 18 month old and our 21 week old Tamaskan Puppy echo and it was the best decision we have ever made.
She is extremely gentle with both girls. She is very affectionate but likes her own space to spread out. We crate trained her from the first day and now she takes herself off when she needs space away from us and when she is tired at 9pm every evening.

Training is going really well, we went to a summer festival today and it had lots of other dogs and people in a close proximity and she was amazing.
Jshepherd
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Postby Blustag » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:09 am

:D :D :D
Blustag

Postby Emmaroo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Jshepherd wrote:Welcome.

Our life consists now of myself, my husband, our 5 year old and 18 month old and our 21 week old Tamaskan Puppy echo and it was the best decision we have ever made.
She is extremely gentle with both girls. She is very affectionate but likes her own space to spread out. We crate trained her from the first day and now she takes herself off when she needs space away from us and when she is tired at 9pm every evening.

Training is going really well, we went to a summer festival today and it had lots of other dogs and people in a close proximity and she was amazing.

Thanks so much that’s great to hear ! Did you stay with her at night to begin with or was she in the crate from the beginning ?
Emmaroo
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Postby Jshepherd » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:25 pm

It was late when we arrived home after picking her up, we put her straight into her crate which was a medium sized crate, I think she was so tired that she slept really well, we slept on the sofa next to her for 2 nights but we closed the door in the crate each night.

She still sleeps in her crate, we are beginning to trial leaving her out of the crate over the next week as I think she has majority of her new teeth, if not all now. She did well so far today, but she had two large natural air dried beef treats as she isn’t toy orientated but loves her food.
Jshepherd
Minor Puppy
Minor Puppy

Return to Welcome